Roasted cabbage is such a simple and affordable side dish to make! Adding some aged balsamic towards the end takes it over the top as it caramelizes in the last few minutes.
- 1 small head red cabbage
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2-4 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out two large glass baking dishes.
2. Quarter and core the cabbage, then slice each chunk into 1/4" ribbons. Toss with the coconut oil and salt, then distribute the cabbage evenly between the two baking sheets.
3. Roast for 15 minutes, stir, and roast for another 15 minutes, until cabbage is starting to brown. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the cabbage and roast for 5 more minutes, until starting to crisp. When the cabbage is crispy to preference and the balsamic is caramelized, pull it out and serve!