As a low FODMAP veggie, kale is one of the greens that I eat a lot of. I love to roast or dehydrate it into chips, but sometimes it's nice to have a hot option! This Kale with Ghee and Garlic is such a simple recipe that I come back to time and time again.
- 1 head curly kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 4-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp Tin Star Foods Brown Butter (or any ghee of choice)
1. Start by melting the ghee in a large, deep soup pot.
2. When the ghee is hot, add the torn kale pieces and use tongs to stir until the kale is coated. Put a lid on the pot and let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In the last minute of cooking, add the minced garlic and toss to combine. Continue cooking until kale is wilted/soft to preference.
Note: for a low-FODMAP option, sauté the garlic in the ghee first, then strain out the solids, returning the garlic flavored ghee to the pot before adding the kale.