I have been loving this simple, grain-free porridge recipe so much that I decided to give it a spot here on my blog! The texture is spot on and reminds me exactly of the cream of wheat that I grew up eating.
1 large spaghetti squash
1 can full fat coconut milk
5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond flour (I used Almond Pro high protein almond flour)
1/2 cup Guiltless Superfoods Superseed Flour (use code "wholedailylife" with your order!) or 1/4 cup each ground flax and chia seeds
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half (or in quarters if needed). Put the steamer insert in the bowl of an Instant Pot, then add the squash and 1 cup of water. Steam for 8 minutes, then use the quick release function. (Alternatively, you could roast in the oven until tender if you don't have an Instant Pot, but I HIGHLY recommend getting one!!).
2. When the squash is cool enough to handle, remove the seeds, then add all of the squash (4-6 cups) into a large pot on the stovetop.
3. Add the coconut milk, dates, and spices, then stir to combine. Add the almond flour and seed flour, then stir again. Use an immersion blender to puree to your texture preference.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs. Add in about 1/2 cup of the hot porridge, whisk until combined, then repeat. (This is to prevent the eggs from cooking immediately when you add them into the pot.)
5. Pour the egg mixture back into the pot with the porridge and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
6. Portion into 5 containers for storage. I reheat them in the mornings using my Hot Logic Mini; I just plug it in before I head to the gym and it's ready to eat when I get home and cleaned up!
Top each serving off with COYO, nut butter, seeds, coconut, granola, and anything else you want!