This week's meal plan is a sneak preview into a fun project that I'm working on...set to launch in late August! This spread came together in 1 hour. Yes, ONE hour!! I thought that in addition to sharing the actual recipes, this week I would share the actual order of cooking things.
Here's this week's meal plan:
Breakfast: Basic Meatballs + Roasted/Steamed Veggies
Lunch: No Cook (fruit, ZUPA, and canned salmon with avocado)
Dinner: Shredded BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato and Arugula
1.5-2# ground beef
1.5-2# chicken (I used tenders here)
1 bottle Tessemae's BBQ sauce (or homemade)
3 medium hannah sweet potatoes
4 medium organic yellow squash
1# organic carrots
1# harociot vert
1 4-6 oz bag arugula
5 cans tuna or salmon (I use Safe Catch brand)
5 small avocados (or mayo of choice)
Oil of choice (ghee, olive oil, avocado oil)
Fruit of choice: enough for 5 days
5 bottles of ZUPA (I currently can't get enough of the Summer Squash and Kale Avocado!) // wholedailylife for 15% off and free shipping
Seasonings: salt, dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried sage (1-2 tsp each)
Optional: green onions and pickled red onion for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Wash three medium sweet potatoes, cut into large pieces (I cut each one in half or thirds) and place in the bowl of your Instant Pot. Add about 1 cup of water, close and lock the lid, then set the timer for 13 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, chop up your carrots and yellow squash and transfer to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and place in pre-heated oven. Set timer for 20 minutes.
4. Place green beans in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water on the stovetop. Steam for 10 minutes, until tender to preference.
5. By this point, the sweet potatoes should be done. Use the quick release, then carefully remove them from the IP and set aside. Rinse the insert and replace in the pot. Add 1.5-2# chicken (I used tenders) and half of a bottle of Tessemae's BBQ sauce (or about 2/3 cup homemade). Close and lock the lid, then set to high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
6. While the chicken is cooking, combine about 1 cup mashed sweet potato with the spices for the meatballs, then use your hands to mix in 2# of ground beef. Form approximately 32 meatballs and place on a baking sheet, then roast for 12 minutes until internal temp is 165.
7. By this point, the roasting veggies should be mostly done and can be portioned into dishes, along with the steamed green beans. Mash up the rest of the sweet potatoes and distribute this as well. While the meatballs finish cooking, portion out the berries and arugula for each day, make sure you have a protein (salmon) and bottle of Zupa for each day, and that's it!
Tell me, do you prefer this format of preparing the plan as a whole, or the way I have done it in the past, with each recipe separated out?
Have a great week!