I really think I could eat the whole batch in one sitting. These little nuggets are a delight, with their sweet/salty flavor and resemblance to a childhood favorite!
I originally shared this recipe on the US Wellness Meats page as part of their Featured Chef project, but wanted to share it here as well! The recipe is simple (as most of my recipes are), and the most time consuming part is the actual dipping process. If you're looking for a shortcut, just skip the part about cutting them up. They'll turn out just as well!
Coconut and Macadamia Crusted Chicken Tenders
1# chicken tenders, cut into 1-2” pieces
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder (omit for low-FODMAP)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the macadamia nuts, coconut shreds, salt, and garlic powder until a fine meal formed. Be careful not to over-process or it will start to turn into a nut butter! Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk until well combined.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture and then into the coconut/macadamia mixture, being sure to coat all sides. Place tenders on the parchment lined sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is starting to brown.