This one-pot meal combines warming spices with the salty acidity of green olives for a robust flavor that I can't get enough of!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 2 yellow squash, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 4oz baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water or bone broth
- 16 oz cauliflower rice (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1 cup chopped green onions, green parts only
1. Set a large pot (make sure you have a matching lid) over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ground lamb and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up with the spatula as you go. Mix in the garlic, cinnamon, allspice, oregano, and salt.
2. Add the chopped squash to the pot, along with the 1/4 cup water or broth and the cauliflower rice. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are starting to soften. Stir in the chopped spinach, replace lid, and cook 3 more minutes, or until veggies reach desired texture.
3. Stir in the chopped green onions and green olives, then serve!