This pesto is a staple in my house, I almost always have some on hand! I slather it on everything from veggies to soups, and it's packed full of herbs that add a kick of flavor while supporting overall health and digestion.
The recipe varies a little week by week, but here's the basic version:
- one part cilantro (usually a full bunch from Trader Joe's)
- one part parsley (also a full bunch)
- two parts basil (the leaves from one carton at Trader Joe's)
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 heaping tsp Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Throw it all in a food processor and blend away! Makes about 2 cups, as pictured. Fresh, tart, and so delicious! I keep it for about a week. If you have any left after that, just freeze it in an ice cube tray for easy portions to add to dishes later on!